Sunday 11 March 2018

KARAHI CHICKEN STEW RECIPE

My journey of exploring new flavours by way of spices and herbs continues. My larder is literally packed with various spices, which makes it easier for me to experiment and be creative. 
A visit to my local Halal butcher, (who has Goat Meat) was one filled with knowledge. The butcher was kind to share a few family recipes, which I was appreciative of  (when he heard I was a Chef). 


The decision to make this Chicken stew was sudden as I had guests the next day.  I wanted something smoky and slightly bitter which would accompany my sweet homemade Peshwari Naan. 

I knew the dish will be great but I was slightly worried my guests might not like it.
As I lay the last cutlery my door bell went and I ushered in my guests. 
After a few pleasantries and  gifting me a beautiful bouquet of flowers with bottles of Prosecco, they were seated. I rolled the Peshwari Naan and began pan roasting them and served the Stew in small bowls. 
They tore into the hot Peshwari Naan and dipped it into the sauce. 


The kids were the first to react saying how much they loved and want a doggy bag. Their parents polished off their plates and asked for seconds. I smiled quietly because, a Chefs dream is for their creation to be accepted and understood. 
After wrapping the doggy bag , giving hugs and saying  goodbyes, I settled in front of my computer to write about this experience and also the recipe.
I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as my guests did.

INGREDIENTS

Spice Mix

1 teaspoonful of Cumin seeds
1 teaspoonful of Garlic Powder 
1 teaspoonful of smoked Paprika 
1 teaspoonful of Chilli flakes
4 Cardamom Pods
1 teaspoonful of Coriander seeds
I teaspoonful of Ginger Powder 
1 teaspoonful of Fenugreek leaves 
1 teaspoonful of dried Parsley 
1 teaspoonful of Black Peppercorns 
1 Cinnamon stick 

WET MARINADE 

20g of Ginger 
1 large Onion
1 teaspoonful of Aniseed 
2 Cloves of Garlic 
1 chopped Green Chilli

500g of skinless Chicken thighs 
250g of blended Plum Tomatoes
1 large sliced Onions
10g of finely chopped Coriander 
Salt to taste.

Beurre Noisette
100g of Butter 
1 Cinnamon stick
4 Black Cardamom 
5 Green Cardamom 
3 Bay leaves
2 Green Chillies

METHOD;
Watch how I made this flavour packed stew on my YouTube channel, ‘Ndudu by Fafa’, below;



Don’t forget to subscribe, like the video, comment with your feedback and share. 
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.