Tuesday 20 February 2018

KIBBEH (STUFFED BULGAR WHEAT WITH MINCED MEAT) RECIPE

‘Thank you sweets’, see you on Friday for dinner, as I ended the call to my friend Tina. Dinner started quite late because we all had to meet up after work. Each dish was packed with different flavours including those that I was accustomed to and unfamiliar dishes. 




The dish that caught my attention was Kibbeh, which was served alongside a bowl of Tabbouleh and Raita. I enjoyed it and asked for the recipe. 
The one I had at the Restaurant had minced Beef and I was already thinking how I would tweak the recipe. I decided to use Lamb, Mint , Chillies and Sumac for a different flavour.
Kibbeh can be fried or baked and I tried both processes however I prefer the fried version. 
For the list of ingredients, you will need;




500g of minced Lamb 
(Use 150g to blend with the Bulgar Wheat)and fry the remaining as per the instructions in the video.
2 large Onions
(Blend the Bulgar Wheat with 1 Onion. Use the remaining Onion to fry your meat).
2 levelled tablespoonful of Cumin seeds
1 teaspoonful of Sumac or Lemon zest (Optional)
400g of soaked Bulgar wheat or cracked Wheat
Half a teaspoon of milled Black Peppercorns 
10ml of Olive oil
1 levelled tablespoonful of crushed Chillies (Optional)
3 cloves of Garlic
20g of chopped fresh Mint and Parsley 
Salt to taste 



Method;
Watch how to prepare this flavour packed and creative dish on my YouTube channel, ‘Ndudu by Fafa’. 





Don’t forget to subscribe, like the video and share.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.