I’ve written a few doughnut recipes over time and I still try to improve the recipe each time.
I craved for hot doughnuts one morning and I was put off by how long it took. I decided to mix everything together and use my warm oven to speed up the process of the dough rising.
Whilst waiting for my dough to rise, I decided to compile a few do’s and don’ts when preparing your Boflot/ Puff Puff/ Beignets/ Botokoin/ Bofrot/ Doughnuts
- Don’t use milk; as it browns the doughnuts quickly
- Use Water instead; as it allows the doughnuts to cook through before browning.
- Your dough should double up in size within 45 minutes to an hour.
- Allowing your dough to rise overnight increases the fermentation of the mixture. This will allow the doughnuts to soak in the oil when frying.
- Best to place your dough in a warm place to quicken the process of it rising. Warm yout Oven up to 180*c and switch it off. Place the covered dough on top of the door to your Oven. If you’re lucky enough and you live in a hot and sunny country, place your covered dough mixture in the sun instead.
- Heat your oil up on a medium heat for 5 minutes. Test the oil is perfect by frying one ball. The ball should rise to the surface within 10 seconds. When this happens you have the perfect oil temperature.
- Ensure you shape the balls evenly to allow an even cook
- Don’t overload your saucepan when frying the doughnuts. This will decrease the temperature of the oil and the doughnuts will be filled with oil.
- Don’t share with anyone 🙈😜 Enjoy!
Please note this recipe is for the wet version, however you can watch how to make the dry version below;
225g of Plain flour
30g of melted Butter
Half a teaspoon of grated Nutmeg or Mace
1 teaspoon of Salt
3 tablespoons of Sugar
1 tablespoon of dry Yeast
110ml of Water
700ml of Vegetable oil
Armed with the above hacks, you should always make the best doughnut each time.
Watch how to make this quick doughnut recipe below;
Don’t forget to subscribe, try the recipe, leave a comment with your feedback, like the video and share with your family and friends.
All photos, recipes and videos are by the owner of this blog.