Saturday 21 October 2017

TASTIEST LEMON INFUSED GRILLED CHICKEN

After baking and filming my Sugar bread recipe, I had to schedule in my weekly lunches for work. 
I decided to grab a few items from my local grocer. I bought a whole Chicken, a couple of Salmom fillets and Pork ribs.
I started to create an aromatic marinade and decided to include a few Alligator Peppers, to my blend. A quick smell and taste of my marinade made me smile (cause I realised I had created a unique flavour).



I quickly marinated my Chicken and Pork ribs in my newly created flavour. I placed the marinated meat in the fridge to continue cooking the next day. 
I was exhausted and decided to to take rest. A notification alert from my phone (asking for a Gari Fortor recipe) had me smiling the next day.
I knew, I had just about enough Gari for the recipe. The idea that I could serve the Gari fortor alongside the grilled Chicken, had my taste buds tingling. 
This is an easy to follow recipe and a must try.

Tip
Best to marinade your meat or poultry for a minimum of 3hrs or better still overnight in the fridge.

Avoid adding salt when marinating (as the Salt absorbs moisture).

Ingredients 
20g of peeled Ginger
1 large Onion
1 Habanero chilli
1 tablespoonful of Olive oil
1 levelled teaspoon of Aniseed
2 Star anise 
1 levelled teaspoon of Alligator peppers
3 cloves of Garlic 
Juice of 1 Lemon or Lime
1 tablespoonful of Paprika 
Half a teaspoon of freshly milled black peppercorns 
Half a teaspoon of salt 
1 packet of Chicken pieces (Preferably Drumsticks and Thighs)

Method;

Blend the Ginger, Onion, Star Anise, Alligator peppers, Garlic and Habanero chilli into a smooth paste.

Add the spice blend to the Chicken and Paprika. Massage the spice blend  into the Chicken pieces and marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hrs or better still overnight. 

When ready to cook the Chicken, remove the Chicken from the fridge and pre heat your grill to 180*c

Add salt and Olive oil to the marinated Chicken and mix till well combined.

Grill your Chicken for 35 minutes.

Watch more on my YouTube channel 'Ndudu by Fafa' and find out what I served this grilled Chicken with? 




Don't forget to like the video, subscribe, comment  and share.
All photos, videos and recipes are by the owner of this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Is it okay if I don't have habenero and alligator peppers?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.