Sunday 7 May 2017

RASPBERRIES & GRAPEFRUIT JUICE

Breakfast was going to be poached eggs (but i decided to fry the eggs in Coconut oil) on a slice of  Rye bread with Avocado.  I wanted a tangy fresh juice to accompany my meal (as you do). I had 2 Grapefruits left in my fruit bowl and I immediately squeezed them. I decided to add the Raspberries I had in the fridge for a depth of flavour and colour. I knew the juice would need a little sweetener as it's rather tangy in , hence I opted for a teaspoonful of Manuka honey. Adding the Rosemary was a continuation of my recent obsession with the herb in most of my fruit juices. It adds an aromatic flavour and calming smell to the juice (which is divine). I decided to go ahead and make my juice. 

 

Even though I had my personal reasons for choosing each ingredient, I couldn't help but research about their benefits. The benefits listed below are summarised but I'll say this drink is packed with nutrients and it's fair to say it's a 'power house' 💪🏾

Grapefruits are great antioxidants, low in calories , rich in  Vitamins A & C ,Pottasium , lycopene which supports a healthy heart. It also promotes a healthy, clear skin , aids your digestive tract and weigh loss journey.

 

Raspberries are also a great source of antioxidants and they're high polyphenol content, helps reduce your risk of any cardiovascular diseases by reducing your blood pressure. Raspberries also helps one to maintain a healthy digestive tract and reduces inflammation in the body.

Honey reduces gastrointestinal disorders, strengthens your immune system (Manuka honey) and contains flavonoids and antioxidants which helps reduce the risk of heart disease. 

Rosemary is packed with anti inflammatory properties , packed with antioxidants, it's anti-carcinogenic in nature and the  aroma relieves stress.

I'm sure you don't need any encouragement to make this juice now.

PS: Please check with your Doctor if you're on certain heart medications before consumption.

 

Ingredients 
2 large squeezed Grapefruits juice into a bowl
7 large washed Raspberries 
1 teaspoonful of Manuka honey 
20ml of water
1 sprig of Rosemary 

Method 
Add the Raspberries to the Grapefruit juice and mash them to a pulp.

Add the honey and mix till well combined 

Strain the juice into a glass and reserve the fibres for a smoothie.

Chill your juice in the refrigerator.

 

Tip
Release the oils of the Rosemary by placing it in your clean palm and clapping your hands twice.

Immediately insert the Rosemary into your chilled juice and enjoy.

Find more inspiring recipes on my YouTube channel, 'Ndudu by Fafa' and don't forget to subscribe and share.

Don't miss out on my live cooking sessions on my Instagram stories. Follow 'Ndudu_by_Fafa' on Instagram.





All photos and recipes are by the owner of this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.