Monday 27 March 2017

BRUSCHETTA RECIPE

 'Bruschetta' it is then, as I came across the tomato stall selling two punnets of Plum tomatoes for £6.50 at my local Farmers Market. 
It was pricey and it looked exactly the same as any other plum tomato. 
 I was intrigued and wanted to understand the reasoning behind the cost. 


It must taste like heaven,(thoughts leisurely running through my head) as I parted with my hard earned cash and embraced my purchase. 
On my way home, I purchased a stone baked Sour Dough bread from my local baker to accompany my dish. 

 

I love to use Sour Dough bread as the slight sour taste of the bread pairs perfectly with this dish. You can use any bread of your choosing, however it's best to use either Ciabatta, Baguettes or Sour dough bread. 
Now back to my pricey purchase; the taste of the baby Plum tomatoes were incredible. They were produced by a small hold organic Farmer and they're sun ripened. I love the variation of the Plum Tomatoes( Yellow & Red) and of course by the time I add the Parsley, I have the colours of the Ghanaian flag, 'Woowzer'. Basically the Plum Tomatoes do taste exactly as the rich juicy Ghanaian tomatoes. The premium, one pays for food that's readily available for a lot less back home. Hmm!


 

Anyway enough of my moan and let's get cooking. But before that (I know, I'm still going on 😂), this is an Italian inspired snack which is equally healthy and delicious with the added 'Ndudu twist', (chilli). You can't take the chilli out of the girl. The amount of chilli used is to provide a background heat and not overpower the dish. This time , I mean it when I say let's start cooking or mixing.





For the list of ingredients, you'll need,  Ingredients

A slice of sour dough bread (my preference) Baguette or Ciabatta
10 baby plum tomatoes sliced into quarters
A small size finely diced red onion
15g of chopped parsley
1 finely diced de seeded green chilli (optional)
1 clove of finely diced Garlic
1 teaspoonfull of fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons of Olive oil
Salt to taste
A pinch of freshly milled black peppercorns

Mix the chopped Plum Tomatoes, diced Red Onions, Garlic, Chilli and Parsley together in a bowl. Add the Olive oil (or a good glug of olive oil) and the lemon juice.
 You can use White wine vinegar in place of the Lemon juice.

Season with salt and pepper to taste. Leave to marinade in the fridge for 10-15 minutes (this allows the flavours to infuse).

Slightly toast your preferred bread and top with a portion of the Plum Tomatoes salad.


Serve the Bruschetta with a glass of freshly squeezed Grapefruit or Palm wine.
All photos and recipes are by the owner of this blog.

Find more inspiring Kitchen ideas on my YouTube channel, 'Ndudu by Fafa'. Don't foget to subscribe and share. 


1 comment:

  1. Jadwal Sabung Ayam Online SV388 11 Februari 2019 - Senin, 11 Februari 2019 – Pada Hari Tersebut Akan Di Laksanakan Berbagai Pertandingan Sabung Ayam Secara Live di Arena Sabung Ayam Thailand.

    Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online SV388 Merupakan Situs Judi Asal Thailand Yang Sangat Terkenal Dengan Permainan Sabung Ayam Yang Fair dan Menghibur Para Penonton Judi Sabung Ayam.

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    wechat : bolavita
    line : cs_bolavita
    whatsapp : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.